If the young person is a direct entrant to Silver, they must be 15 years old to start the Award. A young person may commence Silver earlier than 15 years old if they have completed their Bronze Award upon the approval of the Award Leader. The maximum age to start the Silver award is 24 years old (direct entrant). This award must be completed by the young person’s 25th birthday.
The Silver award requirements are:
- Physical Recreation – minimum 6 months
- Skills – minimum 6 months
- Service – minimum 6 months
- PLUS an additional 6 months if you have not completed the Bronze award
- Adventurous Journey – 3 days 2 nights