At Bronze level, if a person is aged 13 but part of a school year / peer group where the majority are 14 years or older that young person can start their Bronze Award with the rest of the group upon the approval of the Award Level. The maximum age to start the Bronze Award is 24 years and 6 months. This award must be completed by the young person’s 25th birthday.
The Bronze award requirements are:
- Physical Recreation – minimum 3 months
- Skills – minimum 3 months
- Service – minimum 3 months
- PLUS an additional 3 months in any of the above sections
- Adventurous Journey – 2 days 1 night